Is It Better to Freeze an Apple Pie Before or After Baking?
Is it better to freeze a pie before or after baking?
Homemade pies are a delicious dessert that can be prepared ahead of time, frozen and then baked when you want a very special dessert. … It is much better to freeze pumpkin and fruit pies before baking rather than after. The texture of pies suffers substantially if frozen after baking.
Can you freeze fresh apple pie?
Can you freeze apple pie? Yes! … Then, wrap the frozen pie tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Thaw the pie at room temperature and reheat it until it’s warm in a 350°F oven (about 30 minutes).
What is the best way to freeze an apple pie?
- Write today’s date, Baked or Unbaked Apple Pie and Use by date 6 months from now on a freezer quality storage bag.
- Place the pie into the bag, close the seal.
- Place the pie into the freezer on a flat surface, sitting level.
- Freeze for up to six months.
How do you freeze pies to bake later?
How to Freeze a Baked Pie
- Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
- Place the pie in a freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze for up to 4 months.
- To serve, thaw at room temperature.
- If you wish to serve your pie warm, after thawing, bake in a preheated oven 425°F oven about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
Should I defrost a meat pie before cooking?
Preheat the oven to 425 °F (218 °C) and place the pie on a foil-lined baking sheet. … Some people suggest thawing the pie for about 25 minutes before you place it in the oven because it helps the pastry flour cook better.
Is it better to freeze apple pie baked or unbaked?
It is best to freeze apple pie before baking, but you can freeze it after baking as well. Both baked and unbaked apple pie will last for up to 6 months in the freezer. If you freeze the apple pie filling by itself, it will remain fresh in the freezer for up to 12 months.
How do you store homemade apple pie?
Apple pie will easily last a couple of days, lightly covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, on your counter at room temperature. (Keep the any wrapping loose, so the crust can breathe. Otherwise it will loose its crispness.) After a couple days, you can keep the pie chilled for a few more days in the fridge.
How do I cook an unbaked frozen apple pie?
Unbaked Frozen Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove pie from plastic bag.
- Place frozen unbaked apple pie on center rack of oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees. Continue baking pie for 35 minutes longer. ( …
- Remove pie from oven. Cool on wire rack.
How do you keep apple pie from getting soggy?
The best way to prevent soggy crust is by blind baking the crust before baking it with the fruit filling. To blind bake, line the pie plate with the pie dough and then place pie weights on top to stop the crust from rising up and bubbling or shrinking.
Can you make apple pie ahead of time?
If you’re planning way ahead, you can also bake an apple pie in advance, cool it, and pop it in the freezer for up to 4 months. … You can also reheat the pie for 15 minutes (or until warmed through) in a 425°F oven so everyone gets a nice warm slice after dinner.
How long is baked apple pie good for in the fridge?
Apple pie. A freshly baked apple pie will last for another two to three days if you keep it in the pantry, StillTasty notes. If you put it in the fridge, you can get two to three more days after you put the pie in the pantry, StillTasty adds.