Open package and add pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil to 4 quarts boiling water. Reduce heat and boil gently for 7 minutes, stir frequently. Drain water and serve with Buitoni® sauce. May be frozen up to one month.
Do I need to thaw tortellini before cooking?
Don’t defrost before you cook the pasta; simply drop the frozen pieces into boiling water. When you cook frozen pasta, always use an additional quart of water so the temperature does not drop when the pasta is added. If the water takes too long to return to a boil, the pasta will stick together in the pot.
Can you cook frozen tortellini in the sauce?
Go beyond the boil by tossing frozen tortellini with tomato sauce and plenty of shredded mozzarella and cooking it in the oven for a cheesy pasta bake.
Can you put frozen tortellini in boiling water?
Yes, just bring 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil for each pound of tortellini. Add the tortellini (unthawed) and cook until they float to the top, usually in about 3 to 5 minutes.
How do you cook pre packaged tortellini?
COOKING YOUR PASTA
- Bring 3-4 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add salt if desired.
- Add Tortellini. After water returns to a boil, cook for 10 -11 minutes. (Stir occasionally).
- Drain gently and serve.
Can you cook Olivieri tortellini from frozen?
How long do I boil Olivieri® pasta if it is frozen? For best results, the product should be thawed in the refrigerator overnight and then prepared as normal.
What can I do with a frozen bag of tortellini?
10 Ways to Turn a Bag of Frozen Tortellini into Dinner
- Make a 2-ingredient pasta salad. …
- Toss into soup. …
- Skewer into kid-friendly kebabs. …
- Top with buttery roasted tomatoes. …
- Turn a simple salad into dinner. …
- Make a quick skillet dinner. …
- Partner with roasted vegetables. …
- Stir-fry it.
Can I cook frozen tortellini in the microwave?
Pour frozen Cheese Tortellini into a microwave safe dish. Cover dish with plastic wrap, venting one corner. … Return to microwave and cook on HIGH an additional 3-4 minutes. Stir well.
What is the best way to cook frozen pasta?
The key to boiling frozen pasta is to add a minute or two to the usual cooking time.
- Fill a large pot with water. …
- Bring the water to a full, rolling boil. …
- Add the frozen pasta, stirring it gently with a wooden spoon as you add it to the water. …
- Set a timer to avoid overcooking the pasta.
How do you cook frozen pasta sauce?
Thaw frozen spaghetti sauce in your fridge and then reheat it on the stovetop over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. For something a little quicker, put the container of sauce into a bowl of cold water. If you’re really in a rush, pop it into the microwave.