Adding baking soda to a foot soak can help exfoliate the skin, ease itching, and cleanse the feet. Try adding 3–4 tablespoons of baking soda added to a basin full of warm water. Use 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar for a foot soak. The vinegar helps kill bacteria and also reduces foot odor.
Can I sprinkle baking soda on my feet?
When untreated foot odor takes over favorite shoes, freshen them up by sprinkling a little baking soda on the insoles to dry up any residual moisture. Leave the baking soda in overnight, and then pour it out in the morning. Newspapers rolled up and left in a stinky shoe is also known to work well at absorbing odors.
Is vinegar and baking soda good for your feet?
Two tablespoons of vinegar in a basin of water is a good ratio. Then there are the smaller add-ins. These include baking soda, which also has anti-odor properties (probably shouldn’t mix this with the vinegar, though) and fragrant oils. The right fragrance can amplify the soothing effect of the soak.
How does Listerine get rid of thick dead skin on feet?
How it works
- Find a tub that fits the length and depth of your feet. …
- Fill the tub with Listerine along with two parts of warm water. …
- Instead of water, you can also mix in equal portions of white vinegar. …
- Place feet in the solution for 45 to 60 minutes at a time.
What is a home remedy to get rid of hard skin on feet?
- soaking the area in warm water for 5–10 minutes or until the skin softens.
- using a pumice stone, foot file, or sandpaper dipped in warm water to file down the dead skin.
- moisturizing the area with a product that contains salicylic acid, ammonium lactate, or urea.
How does baking soda detox your feet?
Baking soda and sea salt soak
Dissolve 1 cup of sea salt and 1 cup of baking soda in a warm footbath. Soak the feet in it for 30 minutes.
What is a natural cure for foot odor?
Prepare a bowl or tub of warm water and dissolve one-half cup of Epsom salts in it. Soak the feet for 10-20 minutes and then dry the feet thoroughly. Add 2 parts warm water and 1 part vinegar (apple cider or white vinegar are both suitable) to a tub and soak the feet for 15-20 minutes.
Is soaking your feet in apple cider vinegar good?
Apple cider vinegar is a popular remedy for toenail fungus due to its antifungal properties. If you want to treat your fungus using ACV, you can soak your feet in a mixture of warm water and the vinegar for about 15 minutes, twice a day.