How long do you cook a filet mignon 2 inches thick?
To cook a 2 – inch -thick steak, use direct heat. When grill is medium (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), follow directions below; cook steak 20 to 25 minutes for rare, 27 to 30 for medium.
How do you cook thick fillet steak?
How To Cook The Perfect Fillet Steak (The Easy Way)
- Step 1: Take your meat out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking it. …
- Step 2: Heat a large, dry wide-based pan until it’s ripping hot! …
- Step 3: Once your steak is golden brown, turn the temperature down so you keep cooking the steak without burning it.
How long does it take to cook a filet mignon?
Use the following timings for how long to grill filet mignon by direct grilling:
- For a 1-inch cut, grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F).
- For a 1½-inch cut, grill 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F).
How is filet mignon supposed to be cooked?
Filet mignon is a cut of meat from the heart of the tenderloin. It’s well known as a fork-tender cut of beef. To fully enjoy filet mignon, cook the steak to medium doneness or less, but we recommend medium-rare.
How do I cook a 2 inch thick steak?
2-inch steaks are quite thick but on the other hand not thick enough for too much cooking. With that in mind, the best way to cook a 2′ thick steak is by grilling it to medium-rare. Medium rare temperature ranges between 120 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do I cook a 3 inch filet mignon?
for Filet Mignon
Sear on high heat for 2 minutes on one side, then turn and move to indirect heat. Turn them 1 minute before the halfway point of the cooking time. For perfect doneness, we recommend you use a meat thermometer and use the Measuring Doneness chart below.
Is it better to cook a steak in the oven or stove?
While you typically wouldn’t use an oven to cook steak, Rizzo said the oven can be used if the cut of meat is on the thicker side. … “Steak can be cooked on the stovetop in a heavy bottomed skillet (or on the grill) just be sure not to overload the pan or you won’t get a good sear on the meat.
How long does it take to cook a fillet steak?
Fillet steak cooking times
- Blue: 1½ mins each side.
- Rare: 2¼ mins each side.
- Medium-rare: 3¼ mins each side.
- Medium: 4½ mins each side.
How do you cook a 2 inch steak?
For the perfect medium-rare steak, broil in the oven for 19-21 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F.