What sides are good with a Low Country Boil?
Often, corn on the cob gets boiled with the shrimp, but we like the upgrade of Grilled and Dilled Corn on the Cob—an elevated, herby take on Mexican elote. Step up the potato game with Baby Potatoes with Arugula Pesto. You can make them ahead and serve cold—offering a cooling break from the spicy cocktail sauce.
Why are there eggs in a seafood boil?
Red potatoes, sweet corn on the cob and boiled eggs are the staple fillers. They soak up the flavor of the water and cut some of the heat from the spices.
How much seafood do you need for a seafood boil?
Since there are so many delicious components to a shrimp boil, plan on about 1/2-3/4 pound per person, depending on the size of the shrimp. That said, you really can never have too many shrimp, so make sure you pick up extra! Someone will always grab the last few!
What should I bring to a seafood party?
Stunning Seafood Starters to Serve at Your Next Party
- Lobster cakes | iStock.com.
- Crab cakes | iStock.com.
- Shrimp cocktail | iStock.com.
- Eggrolls | iStock.com.
- Caviar-stuffed potatoes | iStock.com.
- Ahi poke | iStock.com.
- Smoked salmon sushi | iStock.com.
What is a good side dish for crab boil?
Here are a handful of the best crab side dishes:
- Steamed Artichokes with Garlic and Butter.
- Cottage-Cut French Fries.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- Lemon and Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce.
- Brandy-Infused Mayonnaise Dip.
- Twice-Baked Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Zucchini, Onion and Corn Hash.
- Almond Caesar Salad.
Does Red Lobster have a low country boil?
Review of Red Lobster. My husband and I met here tonight after I came home from traveling Florida. Craving reasonably priced crab legs (unlike the Miami seafood restaurants), I was thrilled to see the low country boil on the menu that they call Double Crab Dinner ( I think).