What sides are good with a Low Country Boil?
Often, corn on the cob gets boiled with the shrimp, but we like the upgrade of Grilled and Dilled Corn on the Cob—an elevated, herby take on Mexican elote. Step up the potato game with Baby Potatoes with Arugula Pesto. You can make them ahead and serve cold—offering a cooling break from the spicy cocktail sauce.
What is a good side dish for crab boil?
Here are a handful of the best crab side dishes:
- Steamed Artichokes with Garlic and Butter.
- Cottage-Cut French Fries.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- Lemon and Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce.
- Brandy-Infused Mayonnaise Dip.
- Twice-Baked Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Zucchini, Onion and Corn Hash.
- Almond Caesar Salad.
How do you decorate a Low Country Boil?
Fish traps make great accent decorations for a Low-Country boil. Place old fish traps or lobster traps on top of bales of hay that are randomly stacked around the entire area. Drape these with old rope, floats, fish nets, and dock buoys. Lean an old wooden boat against a wall or post and secure it.
How do you throw a Low Country Boil party?
How to Throw a Lowcountry Boil
- Step 1: Invite Everyone You Know. In the South, the more the merrier is the rule. …
- Step 2: Round up Pots. For a big party, you’ll need lots of stockpots. …
- Step 3: Prepare the Table. …
- Step 4: Assemble the Ingredients. …
- Step 5: Start Cooking. …
- Step 6: Dig In.
What appetizer goes with a seafood boil?
Make baked artichoke & crab dip for an appetizer that incorporates more coastal flavor. Hummus is always a crowd please’r and serving it with crudites makes it easy to add in more veggies to the menu.
Does cornbread go with Low Country Boil?
Allow brewed tea to cool to room temperature before placing in refrigerator. Tea that is cooled too quickly will become cloudy. Lowcountry Boil is typically served with fresh baked corn bread and coleslaw. Charlotte Ward’s So Good Coleslaw “gets better with age” and for fun, bake corn bread into mini-loaves.
What is a good dessert after steak?
Here are some of the best desserts you can pick to complement your steak dinner.
- Tart and pies. Tart/pie is a dessert whose base is made using pastry that is combined with a variety of fillings. …
- Fruit salad. …
- Ice cream sundaes. …
- Cheesecake. …
- Chocolate cake.