IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
How long do you cook burgers on a BBQ?
How Long to Grill Burgers
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How long do you BBQ burgers on each side?
For medium burgers, cook the patty on one side for three minutes and the other side for five minutes. When you prefer your burger to be done medium-well, cook the patty on one side for three minutes and the other for six minutes.
How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat. …
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees. …
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness. …
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
How do you know when BBQ burgers are done?
For beef and bison, burgers need to be cooked until their internal temperature reaches 155 degrees Fahrenheit (and stays at that temperature for 15 seconds), or until the internal temperature reaches 160 °F; For chicken and turkey, burgers need to be cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you tell if a burger is done without cutting it?
Go in at an angle in the middle of the cut, wait for a second, and then touch the tester to your wrist. If it’s cold, the meat is raw. If it’s warm—close to your body temperature—then the meat is medium rare. If it’s hot, it’s well done.
Is it OK for burgers to be pink in the middle?
Answer: Yes, a cooked burger that’s pink on the inside can be safe to eat — but only if the meat’s internal temperature has reached 160°F throughout. As the U.S. Department of Agriculture points out, it’s not at all unusual for hamburgers to remain pink inside after they’ve been safely cooked.
What is the best way to grill hamburgers?
- Grill your burgers over high heat. …
- Avoid using your spatula to press down on your burgers while cooking. …
- Flip your burgers only one time–about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare plus. …
- If you get a flare up, cover the grill. …
- Allow your burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Should I grill burgers with the lid open or closed?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, fish, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. … But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
How long does it take to grill hamburgers on a propane grill?
Grill your burgers for 7 minutes on one side and then flip. Grill hamburgers for an additional 7 minutes or until the internal temperature is between 150 and 155ºF. The burgers will have a warm center with little to no pink at all.
How do you cook hamburgers on a gas grill?
- Divide ground beef into 4 (½-pound) or 6 (1/3-pound) portions. …
- Heat the grill to high (gas or charcoal); 375-400 degrees F. …
- Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 for medium-rare or 6-7 for medium doneness as measured with an Instant Read thermometer. …
- Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes.
Can I grill burgers in the oven?
Yep. If you’re looking for a little more speed and a little less smoke, you can grill inside the oven. Put a grill pan (or griddle) on the oven rack and preheat the oven to 500˙F. Place your burgers on the pan and turn halfway through cooking.