How Long Should I Cook Filet Mignon? Sear filets 2 minutes per side on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet on high heat with real butter or oil and then immediately transfer to a preheated oven at 415° F. I typically bake filets for about 5-6 minutes for medium-rare.
How should I get my filet mignon cooked?
Filet mignon is a cut of meat from the heart of the tenderloin. It’s well known as a fork-tender cut of beef. To fully enjoy filet mignon, cook the steak to medium doneness or less, but we recommend medium-rare.
How long do you cook a 2 inch filet mignon?
How do you grill a 2 inch steak? To cook a 2 – inch -thick steak, use direct heat. When grill is medium (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), follow directions below; cook steak 20 to 25 minutes for rare, 27 to 30 for medium.
How long should a filet mignon be cooked?
Use the following timings for how long to grill filet mignon by direct grilling: For a 1-inch cut, grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F). For a 1½-inch cut, grill 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F).
What temp to cook a filet mignon?
Filets should be cooked on the grill over medium-high heat. Ideally, you should get the temperature to around 450-degrees on a gas grill or set your filets on a grill rack directly over medium coals on a charcoal grill.
How do you cook thick fillet steak?
How To Cook The Perfect Fillet Steak (The Easy Way)
- Step 1: Take your meat out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking it. …
- Step 2: Heat a large, dry wide-based pan until it’s ripping hot! …
- Step 3: Once your steak is golden brown, turn the temperature down so you keep cooking the steak without burning it.
How long do you cook a 2 inch steak for medium-rare?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
How can you tell if a filet mignon is medium rare?
The Easiest Way to Tell When Your Steak is Done
- If you’d like your steak medium-rare, it should feel like your cheek: tender and soft but still fleshy (as opposed to raw, which would be just soft).
- If you want a medium steak, touch your chin: The steak should still be tender, but with some resistance.
How long should I cook fillet steak?
Fillet steak cooking times
- Blue: 1½ mins each side.
- Rare: 2¼ mins each side.
- Medium-rare: 3¼ mins each side.
- Medium: 4½ mins each side.