|Alcohol Substitutes for Cooking|
|Type of Alcohol||Substitute|
|Vermouth, Sweet||Apple juice, grape juice, balsamic vinegar, non-alcoholic sweet wine, or water with lemon juice.|
|Whiskey||If a small amount is called for, it can be eliminated.|
What can I use instead of whiskey in a recipe?
Non-Alcohol Substitutions – For 2 tablespoons of whiskey, you can substitute:
- 2 teaspoons of Bourbon extract or non-alcoholic vanilla extract. …
- OR -1 teaspoon rum or brandy extract plus 1 1/2 tablespoons of sparkling apple cider, sparkling cranberry juice, or sparkling grape juice.
What is a good substitute for alcohol in cooking?
- Amaretto – Non-Alcoholic almond extract. …
- Anisette – Anise Italian soda syrup or fennel. …
- Bourbon – 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of non-alcoholic vanilla extract.
- Champagne – Ginger ale, sparkling apple cider, sparkling cranberry juice, or sparkling white grape juice.
What is a good non-alcoholic substitute for whiskey?
For example, the classic Kentucky sidecar, normally made with tangerine juice, lemon juice, Cointreau and bourbon, can be substituted with added fruit juice and non-alcoholic vanilla extract to replace the bourbon. This mixture of fruit juice and vanilla extract is also suited for fizzes that have fruit flavor.
What can I use in a recipe instead of bourbon?
Bourbon. A teaspoon or two of non-alcoholic vanilla extract can be used to replace bourbon in a recipe.
Can I substitute Whisky for bourbon in a recipe?
Bourbon is just a specialized form of whiskey. Bourbon has to use a more than half corn mash, and it has to be aged in oak barrels. … When you are using whiskey as a substitute for bourbon, you can use it one for one. So add as much whiskey as you would bourbon to your recipe.
What can I drink to relax instead of alcohol?
Rather than alcohol, try drinking tea, coffee, or a premium soda instead.
What can you use instead of alcohol?
What can I drink instead of Alcohol?
- Non-Alcoholic Alternatives. Alcohol-free alternatives are an obvious first suggestion; encompassing drinks like alcohol-free beers, gins and many more. …
- Kombucha. …
- Coconut Water. …
- Sophisticated Soft Drinks. …
- Shrubs. …
- Tasty Teas.
What alcohol is similar to vodka?
Rum is a highly loved alcoholic drink. The process of making rum include distilling the byproducts of sugarcane and sugarcane juice directly. After this, the liquid has to be aged in barrels. This is a kind of alcoholic drink similar to vodka.
Can you get non-alcoholic Whisky?
Whissin. A non-alcoholic ‘whisky’ that contains barley, rye, and wheat, whissin is short for ‘whisky sin (‘sin’ means without in Spanish) alcohol’. Produced by Spanish non-alcoholic drinks company Espafador, the zero-alcohol drink is recommended served in Irish coffee or as a mixer.
Can you buy non-alcoholic bourbon?
Spiritless Kentucky 74
Spiritless Kentucky 74 is a non-alcoholic, distilled spirit from the birthplace of bourbon – Kentucky. … Being from Kentucky, they obviously started with bourbon. And Spiritless Kentucky 74 has all the classic bourbon notes – caramel, vanilla and oak. Pick up a bottle while stock is available..