What are 5 basic rules of kitchen safety?
When it comes to kitchen safety rules, here are a few quick tips to adhere to:
- Always wear shoes. …
- Wear safe clothing. …
- Avoid burns. …
- Don’t forget to wash your hands. …
- Use different chopping boards for raw meat, fruits, and vegetables. …
- Handle hot dishes with care. …
- Have a fire extinguisher and know how to use it.
What is the first rule of cooking?
Culinary Rule #1 – Safe Food, Cross Contamination.
What are the general rules in cooking vegetables?
General Rules Of Vegetable Cookery
- Don’t overcook.
- Cook as close to service time as possible and in small quantities. …
- If the vegetable must be cooked ahead, undercook slightly and chill rapidly. …
- Never use baking soda with green vegetables.
- Cut vegetables uniformly for even cooking.
What is the most important food safety rule?
Separate raw and cooked foods to prevent contaminating the cooked foods. Cook foods for the appropriate length of time and at the appropriate temperature to kill pathogens. Store food at the proper temperature. Use safe water and safe raw materials.
What should you not wear in the kitchen?
Don’t wear loose fitting clothing while cooking.
- Don’t wear loose sleeves while cooking, instead make sure that clothing is tight fitting.
- Loose sleeves are more likely to catch on fire or get caught on pot handles.
- Don’t cook at temperatures higher than what a recipe calls for.
What is the most important kitchen safety rule?
Always keep pot handles turned away from the front of the stove; it’s too easy to accidentally brush against them and spill hot food on yourself. Never reach over a hot burner to another pan. Push back your sleeves when cooking food on the stove top. And keep pot covers handy to smother flames.
How do you cook safely?
- Cook food properly – to at least 75 °C or hotter.
- Use a thermometer to check the temperature of cooked foods.
- If you use a microwave, check that the food is cooked evenly throughout.
- Cook foods made from eggs thoroughly.
- Cool and store cooked food as soon as possible.
- Reheat food until steaming hot.
What are 2 knife safety rules?
1 Keep knives sharpened, and let other staff know when knives are newly-sharpened. 2 Never touch knife blades. 3 Use a knife only for its intended purpose; use the appropriate knife for the cutting job. 4 Place a damp cloth under a cutting board to prevent slipping of the board.
Why is it important to know the methods of cooking food?
The importance of cooking
Changing the texture, the flavor, and the form of food, as humans can’t enjoy eating raw meats. Thus using some cooking methods and techniques will help to transform those raw meats into edible food ready to eat. The cooking methods used to cook, affect the flavor of food directly.
What is the rule of cool?
In an RPG, the Rule of Cool means giving your players the chance to perform ridiculous stunts or bend the rules a little bit in the sake of an awesome scene. … This is more art than science, but you should reward creativity while dissuading players from reaching too far too often.