Heat a gas or charcoal grill to 450 to 500°F, or hot enough that you can only hold your hand above the grill grates for about 1 second. Butter the insides of all the buns and set them near the grill. Flip the burgers at least once during cooking, or as often as you wish. Do not press down on the patties at any time.
How long should burgers be on the grill?
IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
How long does it take to grill burgers at 400 degrees?
Next, heat grill to medium high heat (about 350-400°F). Place burger patties on the hot grill and close lid. Sear for 2-3 minutes or until you see browning and grill marks. Gently flip the burgers and grill an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium-rare or 6-7 minutes for medium well.
How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat. …
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees. …
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness. …
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
How do you tell when a burger is done on the grill?
We suggest putting the thermometer into the side of the burger—that way it’s less likely to go all the way through the meat, and give you a false reading. At 120°F, the burger is rare. At 130°F, it’s medium-rare. 140°F is medium, 150°F is medium-well, and over 160°F is well done.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, fish, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. … But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
What is the best way to grill hamburgers?
- Grill your burgers over high heat. …
- Avoid using your spatula to press down on your burgers while cooking. …
- Flip your burgers only one time–about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare plus. …
- If you get a flare up, cover the grill. …
- Allow your burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving.
How long do you grill burgers at 450?
Step Three: Once your grill is pre-heated and clean, place your burger patties over direct heat (450/500 degrees F.) for 3 minutes a side for medium rare center.
How long does it take to grill hamburgers on a propane grill?
Grill your burgers for 7 minutes on one side and then flip. Grill hamburgers for an additional 7 minutes or until the internal temperature is between 150 and 155ºF. The burgers will have a warm center with little to no pink at all.
How long do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
Here’s exactly how long to grill your burgers
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
What temperature do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
It should read a temperature of 160 degrees. This will ensure well-done patties. Also, keep in mind that the meat will continue to cook for a while once it is removed from heat. Burgers should be cooked on gas grills at high temperature (400 degrees) or medium-high temperature (375 degrees).